Executive Director, Global Cannabis Partnership
The Global Cannabis Partnership (GCP) is an international initiative that has created a worldwide social responsibility standard for the safe and responsible production, distribution and consumption of legal, adult-use recreational cannabis. The GCP standard reflects areas including responsible use and informed choice, restrictions to youth, safety, advertising, the environment and ethics.
To date, over 40 well-respected organizations have joined the Partnership, representing a cross-section of organizations playing a role in the legal, adult-use recreational cannabis supply chain. Founding Members currently include: Cannabis NB, The Green Organic Dutchman, High Park Company, HEXO, Cansortium Holdings, T4G Limited, McCarthy Tetrault, EY, PwC Canada, and Civilized. Not an advocacy or lobby group, the GCP is truly a partnership of like-minded organizations who want to raise the bar with respect to social responsibility for the industry.
Reporting to the GCP Board of Directors, we are seeking an Executive Director. This role requires a confident leader who is adept at building new initiatives, recognizing when and how to consult and collaborate, and when to be decisive. Working with our advisory, legal and CSR partners, you will oversee deliverables that include: member attraction and retention, the development and implementation of marketing communications and recruitment strategies; and oversight to the strategic and business plans, budgets and reporting.
This will be a career-defining role.
Given this is a global initiative, for the right candidate we are flexible with respect to location.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the Global Cannabis Partnership in a manner that guides and supports the organization’s mission of developing a credible social responsibility standard for the nascent legal, adult-use recreational cannabis industry
- Overseeing the implementation of programs to grow the Partnership and its membership base, including marketing communications and recruitment plans
- Leading communications and engagement with the Board and all Founding Members, including the management of all calls and meetings
- Serving as a spokesperson with media and stakeholders, and at conferences
- Managing budgets and resources in a fiscally responsible, transparent manner
- Managing relationships with staff, partners and vendors in the provision of key deliverables and services
- A post-secondary degree in communications, public affairs, business, social science, social policy or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years working in a senior leadership role in a not-for-profit environment
What you bring to the table
- Track record as a leader who can advance new ideas through a combination of collaboration, consensus-building and action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level organizational skills for planning, delegation and task facilitation, with a track record of getting things done
- Experience managing an organizational, divisional or departmental P&L
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Experience in cannabis and/or other regulated industry would be an asset
- Experience working with a Board, and familiarity with principles of good governance
- Bilingualism is not required, but would be considered an asset
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Lara Wood, GCP Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 23, 2019.